Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
April 24 2018
When we think of how to achieve healthy, strong, and shiny locks of hair, we normally don’t think food. But it’s true! Not only is it important to have a good hair care routine but it’s equally important to make sure you’re following a nutritious diet.
Your hair is made of cells and protein called keratin that need minerals and vitamins to help your hair grow long and strong. Eating healthy is the first key but here are some great superfoods that can help you get the hair you’ve dreamed of.
Spinach and Dark Leafy Greens
These leafy greens will provide iron that’s an essential mineral for hair cells. A deficiency of iron in the body may cause hair loss. An easy way to get your greens in your daily diet is with a smoothie. Mixing spinach or kale into a smoothie with a banana and other fruits is a quick way to get a heaping of veggies in.
Vitamin C is important to your daily diet since it helps your body to absorb iron. If you add part of an orange to your smoothie with spinach or kale, it’ll be a breeze. If you want to keep it simple, enjoy a glass of 100% orange juice first thing in the morning.
Your hair is made up of protein and needs protein to stay healthy. Eggs are a great source of natural protein and your hair will thank you for having an egg a day. You can enjoy them scrambled, poached, over easy, or hard boil them and enjoy for lunch.
Nuts and Seeds
The perfect mid-morning snack is an ounce of almonds or nut of your choice. You can also choose to munch on sunflower seeds or toss on a salad. Nuts and seeds provide omega-3 fatty acids, which help support hair thickening, and gives it the nutrition it needs. Flax seeds are perfect to add to a smoothie. If you have ground up flax, don’t be afraid to use in a salad dressing or sprinkle on your salad.
Carrots & Avocado
Carrots provide Vitamin A which is required for the growth of your cells. It also helps your scalp produce natural sebum oil to boost healthy roots and hair growth. Add carrots to a smoothie, have them in a salad, or a mid-day healthy snack. Avocado contains healthy fat and provides the Vitamin E that your hair loves. It improves blood circulation, which helps your hair follicles to work as well as promotes hair growth. It also balances the PH levels and oil of your scalp.
They are loaded with biotin as well as zinc, iron and B vitamins. Make sure you’re eating healthy grains, such as whole wheat bread and pasta, oats, brown rice, and barley.
Be sure to keep up with regular trims, as well as condition, to keep your hair healthy. Our team of skilled artisans at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar are committed to helping you get shiny, healthy hair. We have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you or use our mobile app to schedule it. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Kerastase Products for Beautiful Hair
- Get a Hot New Cut This Summer
- Lash Extensions for Instant Glam
- Have a Girl’s Day with Us!
- Keratin to the Rescue!
- Perfect Your Look with Lash & Brow Tinting
- All About Blowouts
- New Makeup for Spring
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019