The Perfect Part for You
August 14 2019
Many of us never think twice about how we part our hair, instead letting it fall naturally where it may. But to make the most out of your style, you must give this simple and often overlooked little detail a bit more attention. Believe it or not, perfecting your part is an art; it can bring life to your best features, draw attention away from your worst, and introduce you to cheekbones you never even knew were there! Behind every good hair day is a woman who understands her face shape and structure- and parts her tresses accordingly! Reach for your comb, darlings, because it’s time to master the art of the part.
First and mostly important to determining your perfect part is your face shape. Yes, it really does matter! From Round to Heart Shaped and everything in between, we’ll talk about the best way to part your hair no matter which shape your face happens to be.
Round. If you have a round face, a middle part or a deep side part on your best side will do you very well. This will elongate your face while creating symmetry. If you are unsure of which side is your best, hold a piece of paper in front of half your face while looking in a mirror, then switch sides. Which side do you prefer? There’s no right or wrong answer. Part your hair on the side you think showcases your better side.
Square. The strong angles of a square face can be both a blessing and a curse. With this face shape, your part should soften your features, rather than highlight them. A side-swept part is a great way to accomplish this, as it offsets the defined jaw line that characterizes this face shape. Your part should be before or in line with the arch of your eyebrow. Any deeper and it can exaggerate the square angles of your face.
Oval. When it comes to the art of hair parting, an oval face is the best shape to have. This face shape can pretty much pull off any part desired- middle, side, zigzag, you name it. Play around with different parts, and switch it up occasionally. It would be a shame to waste such versatile beauty, so take advantage of your many options!
Heart-Shaped. The best part for this face shape depends upon the length of your hair. If your hair is long, a center part will be most complimentary. If your hair is on the shorter side, stick to a side part instead. This will balance your more prominent features, such as your forehead or chin, and soften your cheekbones to give the illusion of a thinner face.
Perfecting your best part is just one of the things you can do to achieve your best hairstyle. For help with this, our team of skilled artisans at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar are here for you. We have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you, or use our mobile app to schedule it. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Proper Care for Your Hair Extensions
- Update Your Look this Season with Hair Extensions
- Should You Cut Bangs?
- Experience the Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Formal Hairstyles for Fall
- Get Fabulous Hair While You Sleep
- Update Your Hair Color for Fall
- The Perfect Part for You
- Try a New Look This Summer
- Kerastase Products for Beautiful Hair
- Get a Hot New Cut This Summer
- Lash Extensions for Instant Glam
- Have a Girl’s Day with Us!
- Keratin to the Rescue!
- Perfect Your Look with Lash & Brow Tinting
- All About Blowouts
- New Makeup for Spring
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019