Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
July 11 2018
No one likes frizzy hair. Luckily, there’s a solution. Keratin treatments are one of the most popular treatments for frizzy, unmanageable hair. An Express Blowout lasts up to six weeks, while a Keratin Complex treatment can last up to six months. The best part? It’s not a chemical relaxer, so there are no chemicals involved. Keep reading to learn more about this miracle treatment.
Unlike some other treatments or products, keratin treatments do not break any chemical bonds in your hair, add chemicals, or cause damage. In fact, the opposite is true. Keratin treatments result in smoother, healthier hair. Sound too good to be true? The process is actually fairly simple. Keratin treatments essentially inject keratin into the porous areas in your hair follicle. Keratin is a protein that’s already found in your hair. The additional keratin simply adds to the health of your hair, reducing frizz and increasing shine.
Are you sold on keratin treatments? Great! Here’s what to expect: the four-step process takes about three hours, depending on the length, type and thickness of your hair. First, your stylist will wash your hair to remove excess oils. Then the treatment will be applied to your hair. After it dries, your stylist will blow dry your hair. Finally, your stylist will flat-iron your hair to seal the keratin in your strands. For best results after treatment, do not wet your hair for 48 to 72 hours. Also be careful not to overwash your hair, and when you do wash, use only sulfate-free products.
Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar will help you achieve the hair of your dreams. Our stylists will help you every step of the way to make sure you have the best experience. We have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you or use our mobile app to schedule your own appointment. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Proper Care for Your Hair Extensions
- Update Your Look this Season with Hair Extensions
- Should You Cut Bangs?
- Experience the Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Formal Hairstyles for Fall
- Get Fabulous Hair While You Sleep
- Update Your Hair Color for Fall
- The Perfect Part for You
- Try a New Look This Summer
- Kerastase Products for Beautiful Hair
- Get a Hot New Cut This Summer
- Lash Extensions for Instant Glam
- Have a Girl’s Day with Us!
- Keratin to the Rescue!
- Perfect Your Look with Lash & Brow Tinting
- All About Blowouts
- New Makeup for Spring
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019