Get Fabulous Hair While You Sleep
September 15 2019
Chances are, when you hear the words “bedtime routine” you probably don’t think about your hair, but the truth is, your hair can use this downtime to restore itself as you sleep! Because we consider ourselves serious hair care enthusiasts, today we’ve decided to offer our top tips to improving your bedtime hair routine. Try these tips and you’ll experience better hair days in no time!
Tip #1: Hydrate
Use a hydrating hair masque to moisturize and soften your hair while getting a restful night’s sleep. Kerastase has options that are designed to help repair, protect and deeply moisturize dry, damaged hair. Evenly distribute the product from scalp to ends on dry or damp hair. Leave in overnight, and in the morning, rinse and style as desired.
Tip #2: Heat recovery
If you regularly use heat to style your hair, consider using an overnight reparative masque. These formulas are designed to mend damaged strands, replenish moisture, and smooth and seal the cuticle, while helping protect against future damage. Use as needed at bedtime on clean, damp hair. Dispense 1-3 pumps into the palm of your hand and work product first from midshaft to ends, then from root to ends. Style as usual in the morning.
Tip #3: Upgrade your pillowcase
While it might seem like a bit of an investment, trading up to a high-quality silk pillowcase will do wonders for your hair (and skin!). Silk is a much gentler fabric than cotton, and the smaller fibers of the material will help prevent damage to your delicate ends- especially if you toss and turn at night.
Tip #4: Style overnight
Try this trick for a gorgeous second-day look. Twist your hair into a loose bun and secure it with a scrunchie before going to bed. In the morning, shake out hair, mist with a light styling spray, and tousle with fingers for loose, effortless waves.
By taking a few extra steps and incorporating simple hair care into your bedtime beauty routine, you can ensure that your hair is protected overnight so it can stay long, strong, and flyaway-free! Soon you’ll enjoy a good hair day every day! If your hair is in need of a little extra TLC, come see us at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar. We have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you or use our mobile app to schedule your own appointment. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Proper Care for Your Hair Extensions
- Update Your Look this Season with Hair Extensions
- Should You Cut Bangs?
- Experience the Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Formal Hairstyles for Fall
- Get Fabulous Hair While You Sleep
- Update Your Hair Color for Fall
- The Perfect Part for You
- Try a New Look This Summer
- Kerastase Products for Beautiful Hair
- Get a Hot New Cut This Summer
- Lash Extensions for Instant Glam
- Have a Girl’s Day with Us!
- Keratin to the Rescue!
- Perfect Your Look with Lash & Brow Tinting
- All About Blowouts
- New Makeup for Spring
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019