All About Blowouts
April 15 2019
Whether you’re addicted to blowouts or you’ve never had one in your life (besides at the end of a haircut or color), there’s likely plenty of things you never knew about the process. Since we here at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar are big advocates of the blowout, we thought we’d take some time to educate our friends on the process!
1. You can get curls! Or waves, or texture, or just straight hair. A blowout doesn’t mean that you’ll simply have smooth, bouncy hair with a bit of a curl at the end. We can style your hair however you prefer!
2. Communication is key. If you don’t like having much product in your hair, or if you want the style altered once it’s finished, communicate that to your stylist. While you should be discussing the kind of style you want before the blowout begins, that doesn’t mean that the only time to speak up is in the beginning.
3. It can last up to a week! Depending upon your hair texture, the blowout can last anywhere from three days to a week. Using dry shampoo to absorb any oil at your roots in between appointments will help ensure your style looks great. To get a bit of volume back in your hair after sleeping on it, flip your head over and use a bit of volumizing spray.
4. Don’t fear the hairspray. Hairspray was the product of choice back in the day, but nowadays many girls think that hairspray means stiff, helmet-like hair. If your stylist uses a light hold hairspray and sprays it in their hand or on a brush before putting it in your hair, flyaways that naturally happen with blowouts will be a thing of the past, and your hair will still have incredible movement and body.
5. The shampoo makes a difference. We use professional shampoo specifically formulated for your hair type—curly, color-treated, fine, etc.—for the best blowout results possible. Rest assured, your style is in good hands here!
Are you ready to try one of our 8 signature Airstyles (blowouts)? If so, our team of professionals here at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar are ready for you! You’ll leave looking and feeling your very best, and we have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you, or use our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Keratin to the Rescue!
- Perfect Your Look with Lash & Brow Tinting
- All About Blowouts
- New Makeup for Spring
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019