All About Blowouts
Whether you’re addicted to blowouts or you’ve never had one in your life (besides at the end of a haircut or color), there’s likely plenty of things you never knew about the process. Since we here at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar are big advocates of the blowout, we thought we’d take some time to educate our friends on the process!
- You can get curls! Or waves, or texture, or just straight hair. A blowout doesn’t mean that you’ll simply have smooth, bouncy hair with a bit of a curl at the end. We can style your hair however you prefer!
- Communication is key. If you don’t like having much product in your hair, or if you want the style altered once it’s finished, communicate that to your stylist. While you should be discussing the kind of style you want before the blowout begins, that doesn’t mean that the only time to speak up is in the beginning.
- It can last up to a week! Depending upon your hair texture, the blowout can last anywhere from three days to a week. Using dry shampoo to absorb any oil at your roots in between appointments will help ensure your style looks great. To get a bit of volume back in your hair after sleeping on it, flip your head over and use a bit of volumizing spray.
- Don’t fear the hairspray. Hairspray was the product of choice back in the day, but nowadays many girls think that hairspray means stiff, helmet-like hair. If your stylist uses a light hold hairspray and sprays it in their hand or on a brush before putting it in your hair, flyaways that naturally happen with blowouts will be a thing of the past, and your hair will still have incredible movement and body.
- The shampoo makes a difference. We use professional shampoo specifically formulated for your hair type—curly, color-treated, fine, etc.—for the best blowout results possible. Rest assured, your style is in good hands here!
Are you ready to try one of our 8 signature Airstyles (blowouts)? If so, our team of professionals here at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar are ready for you! You’ll leave looking and feeling your very best, and we have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you.