Should You Cut Bangs?
October 31 2019
Ah, the age-old question: to cut or not to cut bangs? Most of us go through a phase once or twice in our lives where we play with the idea. After all, changing your hairstyle can be an easy and exciting way to add a little spice to your life, and what easier way to change your hair than to cut your bangs? Well, before you jump all in, we’re here today to talk about some things you should consider beforehand to help you decide.
Firstly, consider your face shape. While oval shapes are considered to be blessed by the beauty gods to be able to rock any type of bangs (lucky you), we can cut bangs to flatter your face no matter which shape you happen to have! Just keep in mind that if you are dying to try out the baby bang trend, this might not be the ideal bang for you and your face. Trust us!
Next, consider your hair type. There really is a “best bang” for everyone, and considering your hair type will help you find yours! If you have fine hair, for instance, you’ll want to opt for soft, feathered bangs, or even a side-swept look. Girls with thick hair, on the other hand, can do blunt bangs or even a layered look. This is why it’s important to see a stylist before you commit to bangs! We know the temptation to just grab the nearest pair of scissors and go to town can get the best of you, but try to resist cutting bangs at home. Allow us to help you find the very best bang for you, and you’ll be happy you did!
Lastly, consider your lifestyle. Bangs or not, your hair requires maintenance to remain happy, healthy, and beautiful. Cutting bangs will add an extra step or two to your routine. Are you ready to commit to this? You might have to straighten or curl them every day, and you’ll have to keep up with regular trims. While bangs are super on-trend, you’ll want to make sure you have time for them.
So how about it? Are you ready to jump on the bang train? Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar is here to help you achieve the bangs of your dreams. You’ll leave our salon looking and feeling your very best, and with three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington, we’re never too far away. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you, or use our mobile app to schedule at your convenience. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Proper Care for Your Hair Extensions
- Update Your Look this Season with Hair Extensions
- Should You Cut Bangs?
- Experience the Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Formal Hairstyles for Fall
- Get Fabulous Hair While You Sleep
- Update Your Hair Color for Fall
- The Perfect Part for You
- Try a New Look This Summer
- Kerastase Products for Beautiful Hair
- Get a Hot New Cut This Summer
- Lash Extensions for Instant Glam
- Have a Girl’s Day with Us!
- Keratin to the Rescue!
- Perfect Your Look with Lash & Brow Tinting
- All About Blowouts
- New Makeup for Spring
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019