Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
June 13 2018
Imagine waking up with flawless eye makeup, no mascara needed. Sounds like a dream, right? It doesn’t have to be, thanks to Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar’s eyelash extensions service. Lash extensions are exactly what they sound like: like hair extensions, but for your eyelashes. The false lashes are glued to your real lashes to add volume. It might sound scary, but it really isn’t! Keep reading for some advice on what to expect at your appointment and how to best take care of your lashes.
Before your appointment. Before you arrive for your appointment, ensure that your eyes are completely clear of any type of makeup. You don’t want anything getting in the way of the lash application process. Remember that you will be laying with your eyes closed for about three hours for your first full set. Some clients enjoy listening to a podcast or a playlist during their appointment. Others may even fall asleep! Whatever you choose to do, remember that this is your time to relax.
During your appointment. Before applying any lashes, you need a consultation. During the consultation your stylist will determine the best size, curl type, and length for your lashes. Your stylist will try their best to accommodate your wishes, but it’s better to start small for beginners. Try starting with a more natural approach for your first time so you can get used to the extensions. A little goes a long way! You can always get refills and work your way up to glamorous, Kardashian-esque lashes over time. Once you agree on the type of lashes you want, your stylist will begin gluing the falsies to your real lashes. Don’t stress -- the entire process is completely painless, and the glue is 100% safe.
After your appointment. How well you maintain your lash extensions is the biggest factor in how long they last. Be careful not to wet the lashes for 24 hours after your appointment. It’s also recommended that you stay away from mascara and eyeliner altogether -- with your new lashes, you won’t need it! If you do wear makeup, make sure it’s water based, and always remove with an oil-free makeup remover. Doing these things will ensure that the glue sticks. Don’t fret if you see a few extensions falling out over the course of a few weeks. It’s a natural part of the process as your real lashes grow. It’s recommended to get a refill every 3 to 4 weeks to maintain your look. Whatever you do, never pull out the extensions. Your stylist can safely remove them for you without damaging your real lashes. Don’t worry if it seems like a lot to remember. Your stylist will tell you everything you need to know.
Transform your lashes at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar. Our stylists will help you every step of the way to make sure you have the best experience. We have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you or use our mobile app to schedule your own appointment. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019