Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
June 27 2018
Are you considering going blonde? Summer is the perfect time to try out a new shade. Before you start reaching for the bleach, there are some key things you need to know about going blonde. It’s always best to go to a professional salon if you’re making a big hair change. There is a lot of opportunity for things to go wrong when dyeing your own hair, especially when using bleach. Luckily, the friendly, professional staff at Moments Salon & Spa is here to help you take your locks to the next level.
It’s always a good idea to schedule a consultation with a stylist, or at least have a discussion about your expectations. It often takes multiple sessions to get you to the shade you’re looking for. If your base color is a dark brown, for example, it is better to gradually lighten your hair over time. Lightening your hair over multiple sessions will help to maintain your hair’s health and prevent breakage or damage.
You should also ask your stylist what shade of blonde would go best with your coloring. Icy or platinum blondes tend to complement cool undertones. Similarly, golden or honey blondes look good on warm undertones. Your stylist will help you find the perfect blonde for your coloring and base color. Another thing to consider is whether you want to be completely blonde, or to get a blonde balayage. Going fully blonde requires a decent amount of maintenance. Most stylists recommend getting root touch-ups every 4 to 6 weeks. A balayage, on the other hand, will blend the blonde with your roots. Balayages are preferable for a more natural, low-maintenance look.
Remember that going blonde is a big commitment. Your hair may need multiple lightening sessions or touch-ups to achieve the look you want. You will also need to invest in products made specifically for bleached hair. Purple toning shampoos and conditioners will leave your hair feeling nourished and eliminate brassiness. It’s also recommended that you do a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week. This is because bleach and dye often dry out strands, and your hair will need the moisture. Finally, you should not use heat styling (like curling, straightening or blow drying) on your hair. If you do, make sure to use a heat protectant spray. Your stylist will recommend the best products for blonde hair maintenance during your appointment.
Make your blonde transformation at Air Salon & Blow Dry Bar. Our stylists will help you every step of the way to make sure you have the best experience. We have three locations to serve you – Mandeville, Baton Rouge, and Covington. Call to schedule an appointment at the location that’s most convenient for you or use our mobile app to schedule your own appointment. You can download our app for free from iTunes, Google Play, or Amazon.
- Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar at Your Fingertips
- A Girl’s Night to Remember
- Try a Brazilian Blowout for a Smooth Finish
- Regular Facials Are More Than Just a Luxury
- Transform Your Lashes this Holiday Season
- Take Care of Your Extensions
- Update Your Style with Extensions
- Product Spotlight: Kerastase
- The Air Salon and Blow Dry Bar Mobile App
- Halo Couture Hair Extensions for a Fabulous Change
- Natural Looking Eyelash Extensions
- It's Almost Autumn -- Is Your Hair Ready?
- The Best Homecoming Dance Hairstyles
- Need A Change? Try Getting Bangs
- Keratin Treatments Are Your Frizzy Hair Solution
- Blonde Transition: What You Should Know About Going Blonde
- Everything You Need To Know About Eyelash Extensions
- Nourish Your Hair with Keratase Treatments
- Supercharge Your Supermom Powers with a Day at Our Salon
- Eat These Superfoods for Healthy Hair
- Create the Perfect Look For Your Wedding Day
- The Perfect Updo for Your Upcoming Spring Events
- Your Dream Hair Can Be Achieved with Hair Extensions
- Treat Skin Imperfections with Regular Facials
- A Guide on Hair Parts for the Shape of Your Face
- Enjoy a Day with Your friends at Our Salon
- Hair Colors Trending for 2018
- Kick Your Style Up a Notch
- A Look to Celebrate the Holidays
- ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW
- Coming Soon: Hot Hair Color Trends for 2019